Being one of the most famous and demanded printers, HP printers also have some common problems like HP printer paper jam issue, ghost jam, etc. If your printer is also showing any message like “Device Setup Failed” or “Printer is offline”, then you must try to disconnect and then reconnecting your HP printer again. Disconnecting and then reconnecting your printer might help in solving your printing problem easily. Follow the steps in the guide below to resolve your printing issue:
- Switch off your HP printer and take the plug out from the switchboard.
- After plugging out the wire of your HP printer, disconnect the USB cable from the printer as well as the computer.
- Just wait for a few seconds and then reconnect the USB cable to both the sockets. The smaller end of the USB cable has to be connected to the printer and the larger end needs to be connected to your computer.
- You need to apply a little pressure on all the sockets to make sure all the wires are connected properly.
- Press on the “start” button of the printer, set up the HP printer again and further give the printing command to check if your issue has been resolved or not.
Fix HP Printer 50.4 Error
HP printer 50.4 error is related to fuser, which fuses the toner and helps in printing words on paper. When this error occurs in the HP printer, it stops working and you won’t be able to print anything. This problem could be related to a power failure in the printer, it can occur in the HP printer and not another type of printer because of the architecture.
So, here are things you have to try to set up the HP printer and 50.4 error.
Reset the Printer – You should start by resetting the printer and you can do that by turning it off and removing the power cord. Then, you will have to wait another 30 minutes and connect the printer back on. This should reset the printer and you would be able to print documents without any issue.
After resetting the printer, don’t turn it on immediately because of the temperature of the fuser, let it cool down for some time.
If your printer still doesn’t work, then you need to download and install HP print and scan doctor. It will resolve the software problems with ease. You may also need to resolve HP printer paper jam errors if the fuser wasn’t working well, so have a look inside the printer if there are any pieces of paper.
Read this also: Is your HP Printer Printing Blank Pages?